Love, love, LOVE writing ‘Change’. Would make it an ongoing series if it felt right, but it wouldn’t. Morgan’s doing brilliant things with the art - cutting up what I deliver, adding/reducing beats as we see fit. The cover sketches we had for #2 alone are incredibly strong. All four of them, small mind bombs, all channeling different bits of the story.
If ‘Wild Children’ is influenced by early Morrison, late Mazzucchelli & Godard & Alan Moore & Bey & music of people like Fuck Buttons+Coil, then ‘Change’ is more Jodorowsky, Tony Scott, Michel Gondry, Chris Ware, Lynne Ramsay, Richard Kelly, music of Purity Ring, My Bloody Valentine, Animal Collective.
Also a big influence on ‘Change’ - the writing of @vishnevetsky , especially his “What is the 21st Century?” series.
- morganjeske likes this
- m1k3y reblogged this from aleskot
- m1k3y likes this
- fashionbatman reblogged this from aleskot
- imagecomics reblogged this from aleskot
- shash likes this
- britneyspheres likes this
- mendelpalace reblogged this from mercurialblonde
- mendelpalace likes this
- kkoktu likes this
- sloaneohno likes this
- clayrodery likes this
- aleskot likes this
- surrealscorpion likes this
- mercurialblonde reblogged this from aleskot and added:
- mercurialblonde likes this
- personifa likes this
- aleskot posted this